Dynamite Dancers was founded in 2005. The idea behind Dynamite Dancers was to provide a place where all kids can learn and enjoy the experience of dance regardless of their level of skill. Dancing is fun and can be enjoyed by everyone. Every student is a star in their own right and at Dynamite Dancers everyone gets a chance to shine at the end of year concert.
Lisa Sarusi is the principal of Dynamite Dancers. She studied RAD ballet, jazz, tap and singing from the age of 4. Lisa also competed in countless eisteddfods receiving and abundance of awards in jazz, tap and her favourite, song & dance. From the age of 12, she started working professionally as a singer/dancer appearing in various theatres, television and film productions (see details below).
From 16, Lisa has taught dancing at many different schools throughout Sydney and Japan. With RAD Ballet training Lisa has now become trained to teach FATD ( Federal Association of Teachers of Dancing Australia) Jazz and Tap. In 2009 BBDS (Broken Beat Dance Syllabus) has also been introduced. This is a fun and funky hip hop syllabus.
- Learnt classical ballet, jazz, tap and singing from the age of four
- First performed professionally in the stage show of Annie at the age of 12
- Throughout her teens Lisa performed in various Pantomimes, TV commercials and TV shows
- Worked as a dancer in the Australian Film Institute (AFI) awards and various TV shows
- Worked with many choreographers including David Atkins and Ross Coleman
- Won talent quests in Australia
- Danced in many club shows throughout Australia and Asia, including Ian Turpie, Jackie Trent and Tony Hatch
- Worked as a dancer in music replicas relojes video clips including Phil Collins music video
- Has taught in many dance schools in Australia
- Has a love for dancing and teaching dancing